How can you feel your emotions? It’s not as hard as we think it is… (Comment ressentir ses émotions? Ce n’est pas aussi difficile qu’on le pense…)
Hi! My name is Nadège Saysana. In this video I want to teach you how I’ve learnt to feel any emotion.
Emotions are very important in our lives but most of the time, we’re not aware of it.
1. They’re the significant step between a thought and an action.
2. What’s more, everything we do is because of a feeling we want to feel.
3. Finally, we need to pro’cess an emotion all the way through if we want to move on to a different place.
I used to freak out each time I had a feeling. I thought it would be so painful I would not survive. But each thought we have creates a different emotion. Since we think about 60,000 thoughts a day that was a lot ! No wonder I would try to avoid them by eating cake ! A lot !
But then I learnt how to process my feelings. I learnt how to reconnect to my body and feel those vibrations. Just like the sensation of being cold, sleepy, hungry, feelings are harmless. They’re just indications of what’s going on in our minds.
So I’ve learnt how to allow emotions and I did that by simply being curious about what was happening in my body :
– what am I feeling right now ? Am I open, relaxed, or closed, tight ?
– where am I feeling a vibration ? In my chest, my belly… ?
– what’s happening ? For instance, my face is reddening, my hearbeat’s racing, my breathing is shallow…
– How can I describe it ? What shape is it ? How big is it ? What colour is it ? Is it heavy, light, soft, hard, slow, fast… ?
– is it changing ?
– What happens if I breathe deep?
That’s it ! You don’t even need to name it. You certainly don’t need to push it away or react to it…
By describing my emotions, I was able to become more accustomed to feeling my feelings and I quickly realised there was nothing to worry about. I could feel my emotions, any emotion, and go on with my day ! I had become the watcher of my emotions : I would observe them with curiosity, describe them to myself in a very curious way and move on. It was like a fun game ! So, are you ready to play?
Vous souhaitez recevoir la pensée hebdomadaire d’Anglaisance? Inscrivez-vous ci-dessous: